What’s unique about Indianapolis?
Please, call us Indy, we’re too friendly for Indianapolis. We focus on green initiatives and supporting our local markets. A town that will surely surprise you with the hidden gems, award-winning cuisine and extreme local loyalty, Indy is a great place to bring a family or go out with friends. Walkable, safe and super fun, Indy does not disappoint.
If money were no object, what would you do in Indianapolis?
Indy is incredibly affordable, but there are a few splurges everyone should do at least once: Have dinner at St. Elmo Steak House then jet over to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway for the ride of your life in an Indy Racing Experience.
Name five tourist spots in Indianapolis that are worth the effort.
1) Cultural Trail: The best way to tour Indy on bike/foot.
2) Brewery Tour: Discover award-winning brews via the Indy Brew Bus; my favorite is Black Acre.
3) Indianapolis Museum of Art: Huge variety of in & outdoor art.
4) Indy Districts: These eclectic neighborhoods offer local shops/cuisine & are always buzzing with events.
5) First Fridays: Art galleries are open late & food trucks line the streets on the first Friday of each month.
What’s your favorite restaurant?
1) Mesh on Mass: Perfect mix of elegant & familiar with something for everyone.
2) Bluebeard: Farm-to-table spot adored by locals that never has the same menu twice.
3) La Margarita: Local & authentic Mexican cuisine with an outstanding bar menu.
Who has the best happy hour?
1) Ball and Biscuit: Just go & have a drink – you won’t regret it.
2) Libertine Liquor Bar: Impeccably dapper bartenders & crafty cocktails make this one swanky joint.
3) Plat 99: Killer mixologists make old drinks do new tricks.
Where is the best shopping?
Circle Centre Mall is three floors of shopping and dining located in the heart of downtown. If that’s not enough for you, Indy’s northside neighborhood has even more shopping. Whatever your shopping needs are, Indy has the goods.
Where do the locals hang out?
Indy is full of distinct neighborhoods – they’re all wonderful and unique. That being said, my favorite neighborhood to swing around in is Mass Ave. Live Jazz, remarkable cuisine and local theatre give this neighborhood it’s appeal.
As a Hoosier at heart and downtown resident Mollie enjoys checking out Indy’s local scenes. When not walking around downtown photographing the city, you can find her watching Star Wars with an Indy craft beer in hand. Follow her on Twitter: @Mollieemo.